Who I am
I am Deidre Correa based in London E7.
My website address is: https:/deidrecorrea.co.uk
You can contact me by emailing info @ deidrecorrea.co.uk (remove the spaces either side of the @ symbol) or calling +44 07931 708287.
This policy sets out how I handle your personal information if you’re a visitor to my site. I am committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
I am the data controller of the personal data I collect through the Site.
What personal data I collect and why I collect it
When you visit this site the personal data I collect from you relates to information you supply when
- using the contact form i.e. your name and email address so that I can reply to you
- using regular email
- *signing up for any future Newsletter i.e. your name and email address. This data will be processed by MailChimp to enable me to send you updates and other marketing information.
*See the section ‘Who I share your data with’ below. Personal but non-identifiable data is also generated from technical processes such as cookies. See the section below. This may also collect data from and about you through
- direct interactions. You may give me your identity, contact, profile, marketing and communications data by filling in forms or by corresponding with me by post, phone, email, social media or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you purchase any services from mes
- making contact with me via telephone
- request pertinent publications to be sent to you
- enter a competition, promotion or survey
- automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website or software we may automatically collect technical or usage data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. This personal data is collected by using cookies and other similar technologies. Please see the separate ‘Cookies’ Policy.
My website is not intended for children and in this respect I do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
If you use a contact from on the website, I require your name and email address. My contact form then sends this information as an ordinary email to me. The information you provide is not stored on the website. I will attempt to respond to you within 24 hours. Any email from me will come from our domain and have a name followed by @deidrecorrea.co.uk
When you send me an email or use the contact form, your details are only used for customer service purposes. Your details will not be used for marketing purpose and you will not be added to any mailing list unless you specifically request this using a sign up form.
Credit and debit card details
I do not collect or process your credit or debit card details online.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you have visited the other website.
Who I share your data with
I do not share your data directly with any third parties.
How long we retain your data
I keep contact form entries for six months, analytics records for a year, and customer purchase records for ten years (for accounting purposes).
What rights you have over your data
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously agreed to me using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing me at info @ deidrecorrea.co.uk
I will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless I have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you have left comments on this website, you can request to receive an export file of the personal data I hold about you, including any data you have provided to me. You can also request that I delete any personal data I hold about you. This does not include any data I am obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
As mentioned previously, MailChimp will process our sign up forms and newsletters. The data they process may be processed within the EU and in the US. European data protection law requires that data about European residents which is transferred outside the European Union to be safeguarded to the same standards as if the data was in Europe.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. This may be located abroad.
Your contact information
If you have any privacy-specific concerns, please email or telephone me.
How I protect your data
This website is a secure site and you will notice a small padlock and the word Secure next to it in the address bar depending on your browser. This means that any data transferred from our site to any of our partners mentioned above is encrypted. Access to the system and website control panel is restricted to authorised staff only who have had staff training in data protection issues. We use complicated passwords on devices that have access to our systems.
What data breach procedures I have in place
Your data is massively important to you – and me. At the back end of the website I use a system called Wordfence which provides a firewall between the site and the internet. You can read about it here. If I were to suspect there were to be a breach in the data processing, I would immediately suspend the website to investigate and change all relevant passwords on all devices that have access to my ‘backend’ systems. Only when I was sure that the data breach had been dealt with would I take our site back online. If the data breach took place through one of our data processing partners, I would send an email to you explaining the situation and their recommendations.